Dec 09, 2023
Successful organizations recognize their employees as their most valuable asset, providing the skill, knowledge, and commitment that brings true worth to the organization. This realization has placed human resource management at the forefront of organizational leadership as vital to organizational performance.
The Master of Science in Human Resources Management program at Colorado Christian University focuses on the methodologies and practices which are proven to secure and maintain a workforce which will maximize efficiency in functionality and operational effectiveness. The program prepares graduates with the knowledge and tools necessary to become an integral part of organizational leadership and the decision-making team. The program’s breadth will cover the responsibilities, challenges and competencies that contribute to effective human resource management. Topics covered include the planning and acquisition of talent, emerging trends, aligning employee performance with organizational goals, global talent management, labor relations, decision making with data and analytics, ethics, legalities, and contemporary challenges. The program incorporates faith into every course, ensuring that the graduate is prepared not only to lead, but to do so with ethics and in alignment with God’s plan. The program concludes with a capstone experience which allows students to synthesize their knowledge.
The MS in Human Resource Management program at CCU is aligned with the graduate curriculum of the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM), the premier HR professional association, and covers all core content recommended by that body.
Admission to the Master of Science in Human Resource Management
Admission to the Master of Science (M.S.) in Human Resource Management program is selective. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of previous academic performance, personal and professional accomplishments and goals, and strength of character. A strong desire to complete graduate-level work in a Christ-centered, biblically based community is important. All M.S. Human Resource Management admissions decisions are made by and only by Colorado Christian University.
- Completed online application form (including essay, transcripts, and fees) at www.ccu.edu/ccu/grad/.
- Valid state-issued driver’s license or state-issued ID card or passport.
- Earned Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. Applicants with an undergraduate grade point average between 2.0 and 2.49 will be admitted on a conditional admit (CAD) basis for the first semester. CAD students must maintain a 3.0 GPA or better in their first nine (9) credits to remain in the program.
- Demonstrate completion (C or better) of undergraduate-level statistics prerequisite.
- The Office of Admission reserves the right to request additional information as deemed necessary to make a selection decision.
The Master of Science in Human Resource Management program is a 30 credit-hour degree designed to be completed within 15 months of intensive accelerated adult graduate study by persons who work or are otherwise occupied by the equivalent of a full time job.
All work applied toward a master’s degree must be completed within a four-year period from the date of enrollment. After the four-year period, an M.S. Human Resource Management student who has not completed the requirements to graduate will be withdrawn from the program. Students who go beyond the four-year period and wish to complete their Master of Science in Human Resource Management degree will be required to apply for reconsideration by completing a Petition for Exception to Academic Policy. Readmitted students will be required to adhere to the degree plans and academic policies in place at the time they are readmitted.
Taking Prerequisite Courses Online
CCU has partnered with Ivy Software to provide students with a convenient and flexible way to fulfill prerequisite requirements at an affordable cost. The following course is available for purchase:
- Business Math and Statistics (fulfills Statistics prerequisite)
The program takes on average 20 hours to complete. Students are able to download all course material. The student must pass a final course test with at least an 80% in order for the course to count toward the prerequisite. This test may be taken as many times as needed, but students are only allowed three attempts per purchase. Additionally, if exams are purchased but not completed within two years, the exam expires.
Purchase and download prerequisite courses on the Ivy Software website.
Notify your CCU Student Service Advisor (SSA) of any problems you encounter with an Ivy Software program or any time you pass a test. He or she will be able to take the appropriate action to ensure that your degree plan is updated with the completed prerequisite information.
Required Courses for the Master of Science in Human Resource Management
30 credit hours consisting of the following classes:
Graduation Requirements for the Master of Human Resource Management
The faculty recommends students in the Master of Science in Human Resource Management degree to the Board of Trustees as candidates for graduation when they have completed the following requirements.
- Completion of 30 credit hours.
- A letter grade of C- or better and a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher on the University’s 4.0 grade scale in all CCU course work.
- Formal and timely application for graduation by the date specified by the University Registrar.
- No outstanding financial obligations to the University.