The Global Studies major is a multi-disciplinary course of study for students intending to work or study in an international setting or as a background for involvement in ministries around the world. All students in this program complete a core curriculum that provides interdisciplinary background in business, economics, history, missions, and political science, as well as the culture of specific regions of the world. In addition to the required core, students will choose an lntercultural Ministries Emphasis, an International Business and Economic Development Emphasis, an International Relations and Diplomacy Emphasis, or a General Global Studies Emphasis.
All Global Studies majors are required to complete an international experience with CCU, consisting of one of the following, subject to approval by the Dean of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences:
- a Study Abroad semester,
- an international academic travel course,
- a GLS 325 international internship (a domestic internship would not normally count),
- or a CCU2theWorld international mission trip.
In addition, all students are required to meet a basic intermediate proficiency in a foreign language in one of the following ways:
- successfully completing two semesters of a foreign language offered at CCU.
- successfully completing three semesters of another modern language via AP or another accredited university, with credits recognized by CCU, or
- passing a proficiency test recognized by CCU as establishing the student’s proficiency at a level equivalent to successfully completing three semesters of a modern language.
The Bachelor of Arts in Global Studies requires completion of the following 120 credits:
General Education Core (48 credit hours)
Global Studies Major Core (42-43 credit hours)
Electives (29-30 credit hours)