Academic Catalog 2014-2015 
    Mar 20, 2023  
Academic Catalog 2014-2015 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Financial Information (CAGS)

Click on the links below for more information



All charges for tuition and fees are due in full by the first day of the semester or upon registration if registering after the first day of the semester. Students unable to pay the full amount may utilize financial aid and/or participate in a monthly payment plan offered through the University called FACTS Tuition Management (FACTS), a Nelnet Business Solutions company, or through one of the University’s other deferred payment options if eligible. More detailed information about these payment methods is available on the CAGS Payment Options page.

Students whose accounts are not paid in full or who are not enrolled in one of our payment options may be restricted from attending class, and will not be allowed to register for the following semester. Delinquent accounts will be assessed late fees, amounting to one and one-half percent interest on the balance at the end of each month.

All outstanding amounts resulting from nonpayment of tuition and fees are the responsibility of the student. Any student who is negligent in making adequate and timely arrangements to pay his or her account, or in completing arrangements for his or her financial aid, may be subject to immediate dismissal. Withdrawal from the University, officially or unofficially, will not cancel any financial obligation already incurred.

Colorado Christian University (CCU) retains all legal remedies to collect unpaid tuition, fees, and other amounts due to the University for housing, traffic fines, etc. CCU uses a variety of methods to keep students informed of amounts due the University, including financial web sites, statements, and various forms of correspondence. It is the student’s responsibility to remain aware of obligations to the University and to make payment in a timely basis.

If CCU is unable to collect amounts due the University within a reasonable time, the debt may be referred to an outside collection agency and/or attorney for collection. You agree to reimburse us the fees of any collection agency, which may be based on a percentage at a maximum of 33% of the debt, and all costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees we incur in such collection efforts. Your application and registration to CCU includes your consent and approval of use of the personal information you provide to CCU for the purpose of collecting any debt incurred while at CCU. This includes the consent to contact you on your cellular phone, either manually or by automated dialing, by CCU or by an agency hired by CCU to collect on the debt.

Failure to pay all amounts due CCU, including collection fees, may also result in various actions, including but not limited to withholding services and restricting the student’s ability to register for class, participate in graduation, receive a transcript or diploma, or be considered for readmission to the University. The University also reserves the right to report both positive and negative payment histories to credit-reporting agencies. This agreement entered into with CCU is to be enforced in accordance with Colorado state statutes.

CCU correspondence to students is primarily through e-mail. Students are responsible to keep their e-mail contact information up-to-date and to check their e-mail regularly for information regarding their CCU account. Students’ current account balance information is always accessible through their WebAdvisor online account, and student account payments can be made online through WebAdvisor.


To cover the extra costs incurred, special fees are required for students participating in certain courses. All courses include a technology fee that is assessed per credit hour. Information about current tuition and fees is available on the financial aid and tuition webpage. Fees are not refundable.


Students may drop a course anytime before the first day of the course and receive a full refund of tuition. Courses may be dropped online, prior to the start of the course using WebAdvisor

For a full tuition refund after the first day of the course, the course must be dropped by the 2nd session or by the end of the 7th day from start of the course, whichever comes first.

After the drop deadline, but before the Monday of the final week of a course, a student may officially request a course withdrawal (W). No refunds are given on course withdrawals and students must contact Service Central to determine the impact a course withdrawal has on their financial aid awards and VA benefits. No credit or quality points are assigned with a W. The course withdrawal form must be signed and received by Student Services prior to the Monday of the final week of a course in order to be processed.

Students may also petition for a course extension before the course’s end date if the student has met the extenuating circumstances criteria. If a course extension is approved, an “I” (Incomplete) is notated on the student’s CCU record until the coursework is completed and a grade is received. The coursework must be completed in the allotted time frame or the student will automatically fail the course.

If a student withdraws before completing 60% of any given semester, any portion of ineligible Title IV funds disbursed to a student (Pell Grant, Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant, Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education, Federal Perkins Loan, Federal Stafford Loan, and Federal PLUS Loan, but not Federal Work-Study) must be returned, according to the provisions of the Higher Education Amendments of 1998. The calculation of the return of these funds may result in the student owing a balance to the University and/or the Federal Government.

Financial Aid


Qualifying for Federal Financial Aid

To receive any federal aid, whether a grant or a loan, a student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on an annual basis. Students are encouraged to apply as early as possible to maximize the possibility of receiving certain grants and loans that have limited funding. Students may submit the FAFSA as early as January 1 for the following fall. Students are encouraged to submit the FAFSA online at, and use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool when completing the FAFSA. An undergraduate student must provide proof of high school or GED completion before financial aid can be disbursed.

Some students will be selected by the government for a process known as verification. If this happens, the student will need to supply the University with a completed verification worksheet and other documents requested. Students are encouraged to file their federal tax forms early to avoid delays in receiving financial aid if they are chosen for verification.

Most, but not all, federal aid is based on need. A student’s financial need is determined by federal methodology using information supplied on the FAFSA. Students who do not qualify for need-based aid may qualify for federal non-need-based loans. The FAFSA form takes into account family size, family income, assets, and the number of family members attending college. Exceptional circumstances should be addressed to the Service Central office. All students are encouraged to apply for federal financial aid.

Students may request an electronic refund of the credit balance in their CCU account created by the disbursement of financial aid. To request an electronic refund, students must do so by logging into their WebAdvisor account and creating an electronic funds transfer into their individual bank account. 

Financial aid will not be available in time to purchase books for any semester, and alternative plans for necessary purchases should be arranged.  Title IV financial aid may be available to Pell Grant recipients to assist in purchasing books 10 days before the start of the first class.  Contact Service Central for additional information.

Federal Financial Aid

Colorado Christian University administers the following federal aid programs: the Federal Pell Grant program, the Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) program, the Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH Grant), the Federal Work-Study program, the Federal Perkins Loan program, the Federal Direct Stafford Loan program (both subsidized and unsubsidized), and the Federal Direct Plus Loan program. General information about these programs is available through the Service Central office or by visiting CCU’s financial aid web site.

College Opportunity Fund

Students at Colorado Christian University may be eligible to receive Colorado’s College Opportunity Fund (COF) stipends to offset their cost of attendance. COF stipends are paid to eligible undergraduate students by the State of Colorado when they attend a participating institution of higher education. The stipend is a per credit hour dollar amount that is determined by the Colorado State Legislature, and is subject to annual state funding availability.

Eligible students who attend a private Colorado college or university must meet the following criteria:
• Be a documented Colorado resident
• Be a graduate of a Colorado high school OR
• Successfully complete a non-public home-based educational program in Colorado
• Demonstrate financial need as determined by federal Pell Grant eligibility
• Authorize CCU to receive the COF stipend

Colorado Student Grants

CCU undergraduate students who are residents of Colorado with high financial need may qualify for Colorado Student Grants. Students must file a FAFSA to qualify for Colorado state financial aid funding. 

Veteran’s Benefits

CCU is approved for federal veteran’s education benefits to qualified students. Applicants for these benefits should access the CCU web page for GI Bill benefits, and contact information and application forms. Eligible students should keep in mind that benefits may not be received for a number of weeks after enrollment and should be prepared to meet University expenses until the veteran’s benefits arrive.

Maintaining Eligibility for Financial Aid

To remain eligible for financial aid, a student must maintain satisfactory academic progress toward a degree. For financial aid purposes, the University has established the following standards for satisfactory academic progress. Questions about satisfactory academic progress should be referred to the Service Central office.

  • A student must be enrolled as a regular student seeking a degree, diploma, or license.
  • An undergraduate student must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher. (2.5 for students enrolled in a nursing program and 3.0 for students enrolled in an education program.) A graduate student must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. Students failing to maintain the minimum cumulative GPA requirements will be put on financial aid warning and must bring their average up to the required standard in the next semester. Students who do not meet the minimum cumulative GPA requirements will lose their financial aid eligibility until the standard is met or the student successfully appeals for an extension, which results in a probationary status.
  • Students must successfully complete at least two-thirds of the courses they attempt. Courses with grades of W, F, WF or I will remain in the financial aid credit calculations and are not considered to have been successfully completed, but are taken into account in calculating the completion rate. Students failing to successfully complete two-thirds of the courses they attempt will be put on financial aid warning. At the end of the warning semester they must have successfully completed two-thirds of all courses attempted or they will become ineligible to receive financial aid. The ineligibility will continue until they meet the standard or successfully appeal for an extension, which will result in a probationary status.
  • Students will no longer be eligible to receive federal, state, and/or onstitutional financial aid once they have attempted 150% of the number of credits needed to complete their degree as stated in the CCU Academic catalog.  All terms in which a student is enrolled count toward the maximum time frame even if the student withdraws from the school.  Terms of enrollment in which no aid is received will count towards the maximum time frame.  Transfer credits will also be included in this calculation.
  • Students who are on financial aid probation have one semester to comply with the academic progress policy. This includes meeting both the financial aid completion rate and the cumulative GPA standard of their respective program. Those who do not will be ineligible to receive financial aid.
  • A student is allowed to repeat a passed course one time and still be eligible to receive financial aid for the repeated course. If a student repeats the course a second time, financial aid cannot be used to pay for the course. The student’s financial aid will be adjusted to reflect a lower number of credits that are eligible. Students will need to pay for the repeated course from their own resources.
  • Students may repeat a failed course until it is passed and be eligible for financial aid. Once a student has completed any course twice with a passing grade, the student is no longer eligible to receive aid for that course. Students may not repeat a failed course in the same semester and be eligible for financial aid for both courses.

Because real progress in an academic program is of greatest concern, students are evaluated for eligibility every semester, whether or not financial aid has been received. Students who become ineligible for federal financial aid may appeal the decision with the Financial Aid Committee. The ruling of that committee is final.

Undergraduate students are required to take a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester in order to qualify for federal financial aid except for provisions in the Federal Pell Grant Program that will allow less than half-time students to receive a Pell Grant. However, once students have received their first undergraduate baccalaureate degree, they no longer qualify to receive a Federal Pell Grant.

Graduate students are required to take a minimum of 3 credit hours per semester in order to qualify for financial aid. Graduate students are not eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant.

How to Apply for Federal and State Aid

  • Apply for admission. Entering students cannot be candidates for financial aid until they have been admitted.
  • Complete and submit the FAFSA or Renewal FAFSA forms via the internet at A paper application may be obtained from the Federal Student Aid Web site. Paper applications should be mailed directly to the federal processor, not to the University, using the address provided on the application. Students are encouraged to use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool when completing the FAFSA.
  • The student may receive requests for additional information or documentation. To help expedite the application, students should promptly submit the requested information.

Applications for financial aid should be submitted prior to the beginning of the semester. Apply early as processing may take four to six weeks.