The Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Music degrees prepare students for selected professions and for study at the graduate level. Each degree offers a broad range of courses in the arts and humanities, natural and social sciences, biblical studies, business, and education, and allows specialization in a major field. The baccalaureate typically requires four years of full-time study to complete, although some programs may take longer.
Bachelor’s degree students must complete the minimum General Education courses. Some courses in the list are prescribed for particular majors. To determine which alternatives to take, consult your degree program page, the requirements for your major, and your academic advisor.
Graduation Requirements for Baccalaureate Degrees in the College of Undergraduate Studies
- Completion of at least 120 semester hours, including all General Education , biblical studies, and major courses. (Some majors may require additional credit hours to complete degree requirements.)
- A cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher, with a GPA of 2.0 or higher for all courses specified for the major. (For the School of Education a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher for all courses, and for the School of Business and Leadership a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher for all courses.)
- Completion of 180 hours of ministry/community service and 180 chapel credits. Transfer students are required to complete 45 hours of ministry/community service and 45 chapel credits each year of attendance at CCU. For further details on ministry/community service, see the Life Directions Center section of this catalog. For further details on chapel credits, see the Student Life section of this catalog.
- Meet the CCU Residency requirements.
- Acceptable performance on exit exams, as required by the faculty.
- Formal and timely application for graduation.
- No outstanding financial obligations to the university.
- (For music majors only: completion of eight semesters of MUA 175 Music Convocation.)
Minors, Emphases, and Cross Disciplinary Studies
Students may select a minor, an emphasis, or a cross disciplinary study in many fields of interest. A minor requires the completion of at least 18 semester hours in the field. An emphasis and cross disciplinary study requires the completion of a minimum of 12 hours in the field. Course requirements for various emphases are listed with the appropriate major. Cross disciplinary studies are a concentration of coursework independent of a major. Course requirements for various minors and cross disciplinary studies are listed in their designated program pages. Minors and cross disciplinary studies may require additional prerequisites for degree completion. There can be no overlap of credit between majors, minors, emphases, or cross disciplinary studies.